Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Kitase- New Final Fantasy every year?

So, in a recent interview, Yoshinori Kitase, the producer of the Final Fantasy series, says that he would like to see Final Fantasy releases follow the example of best-selling Western games, releasing every one or two years. Following in the footsteps of franchises such as Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed, Kitase hopes to keep the attention of fans by releasing games at a faster rate, saying that one of XIII's problems was it's overly long development cycle and it is this new policy that allowed them to finish Final Fantasy XIII-2 in eighteen months.

Here's a link. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114322-Square-Enix-Wants-a-New-Final-Fantasy-Every-Year

Hey, I'm all for it, guys. I'd love to play new FF games more often. Just, does this mean we'll see Versus XIII next year? Please?

Give me this game.

EDIT: There's also been some more news concerning XIII-2, now that the main game is finished. Among other things, there will be a New Game + type feature, and you will have the ability to 'rewind time' in order to replay old areas whenever you want, allowing you to get alternate 'paradox' endings by alternating the timeline. Here is the news.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know. If they could continue to innovate like they did with FFXIII in each release then I'm all for it. However if they just maden syndrome it im done with square.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rehashing the same game wouldn't be good, but with so few great JRPGs on the market, I wouldn't be so oppossed to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Minor note: funny that COD is brought up since Square publishes that game in japan)
    hmm...

    on one hand, getting more RPGs out there that aren't someone's houserule D&D game would be nice. On the other hand, there's the expected headaches from certain idiots who have been sucking the ****s of their nostalgia (a mindset that I believe hurts the gaming industry as much as dudebro gamers).

    As fearful as I might be that the quality might drop, you've gotta make sacrifices in life.

    HOWEVER, the first person to cry "I want FF7 remake!" is getting punched. HARD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mildra I WANT... no. xD I'd play a VII remake if they made it, but VII's fine the way it is. It's not the best course of action for them.

    Yeah, the complaints levelled against FF recently get out of hand. I definetly will be enjoying what they put out, although I hope the quality of the games remains constant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't get me wrong, I'd still play a remake (assuming its got some things on the table). But I don't think they SHOULD make one simply for a nostalgic placebo.

    At least FF has yet to screw me for wanting to play a fighter.

    ReplyDelete