Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2011

11/21/2011 Chrono Cross Update

I'm about ten hours into Chrono Cross right now, and I'm surprised that I'm actually a bit further along than I thought I was. I'm ready to head to Mt. Pyre, which is right before the second encounter with Lynx (and a rather important story moment). Chrono Trigger wasn't an incredible long game, so I guess it's no surprise that Cross follows suit.

My current party is Serge, Kid, and Glenn, and I use Guile whenever Kid isn't in the party. Serge and Glenn can use a Dual Tech called X-strike, a very powerful ability that also references Crono and Frog's Dual Tech in Trigger. Everyone has a full set of Iron armor and whatever accessories are necessary.

I'm also getting used to Chrono Cross's level up system. Essentially, every boss fight earns the party a new star, which usually adds a new Element Slot for each character and provides a large stat bonus. From there, characters occasionally gain HP and other stat bonuses after normal battles.

Chrono Cross remains an excellent game, and I'm looking forward to playing more of it over Thanksgiving break. Look for a review in a few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Chrono Cross remains one of the few videogame RPGs that has used Vancian magic in a way that didn't piss me off (the other cases being Pokemon and Final Fantasy VIII). Honestly, and I realize this is going to sound blasphemous, but I prefer Cross to Trigger

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mildra I love both games, so don't worry, no blasphemy. xD I love Trigger, but Cross is an excellent game on it's own.

    ReplyDelete