Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2011

Chrono Cross Update

I'm still not particularly far into the game, but I wanted to mention something.

One of Chrono Cross's hooks is that the playable cast is MASSIVE. There are more than forty playable characters. A few of them join you as you progress through the story, but the vast majority of them are optional, and require you to talk to them at a specific point, make a certain decision, or do a small sidequest. Chrono Cross has a great deal of variety in it's playable cast, which is great for any RPG.

The problem? I've already missed three of them, and I'm only on the Viper Manor. Darn it. I did recruit Guile, and Glenn is my next target, which means I miss out on Katcha. The point in Cross is to use New Game + to recruit characters you missed, because it's impossible to get all the characters the first time through.

I'm still enjoying Chrono Cross very much, minor setbacks aside. The combat and character growth systems are interesting, the game looks and sounds great, and it provides a lot for players to discover for themselves.

Note to self: if the NPC has a picture and a name, it can be recruited...

No comments:

Post a Comment