Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Final Fantasy VII PC Rerelease: The Fanboys Strike Back



So, Final Fantasy VII is getting a PC rerelease! Yeah, apparently they're adding an achievement system, upscaling the game to HD, and adding an optional feature that'll make the game easier for potential newcomers. Sounds cool, right? I mean, it's a completely harmless gesture by Square Enix to make one of their best games available to more people. A nice little present that nobody is being forced to buy.

Oh, right. I forgot who I was dealing with for a second.



DAMMIT PEOPLE, THIS IS WHY WE CAN"T HAVE NICE THINGS.


I've said it before how Square Enix probably has the worst fanbase in the history of fanbases. Square may have made some questionable decisions of late, but they are nowhere near the anathema that many of their so-called 'fans' claim them to be. It's been kind of funny to see these people rage and whine everytime Square did anything, but now? Bitterly complaining that a harmless rerelease isn't the fabled full 3D VII remake that a) was never announced and b) has never existed? This is just sad.

It's times like these that make me embarrased to be a gamer. I understand that Youtube commentators are essentially a fungus growing between real gamers' toes, but honestly, the fact that so many people can be so bloody volatile just makes me sad.

You've hit a new low. Congrats.

1 comment:

  1. Since Square-Enix, Capcom, EA, etc have not done half of the jackassery that Games Workshop is guilty of (namely, price gouging their flagship titles, giving shit support to secondary games, and inflating the cost of new edition books) they get a pass from me.

    That said, I find it hilariously pathetic that this same batch of idiots aren't banging down the doors of GOG.com, since this isn't far off from what they offer. Besides, the demand for a ff7 remake has, in my opinion, NOTHING to do with how good or bad the game is, just like every other nostalgia trend in the last 5 years.

    I say: screw a FF7 remake, just bring type-0 to the states and i'll be a very happy monk.

    ReplyDelete