Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Dark Knight Rises- New Trailer

I really love Christopher Nolan's Batman films. I can't say I've ever been an enormous Batman fan (I was always more into Marvel comics), but Nolan's movies aren't just good Batman films- they're just great movies, period. Batman Begins was a promising start, The Dark Knight was a full-blown masterpiece. Hans Zimmer's score is one of my favorite soundtracks of all time. Needless to say, I'm very excited for the third and reportedly final installment in this series, the closing chapter of this saga.



Watching this trailer makes me excited, as much as the first teaser did, but I've got to wonder what's going on here. One of the things I've always loved about the Batman films is that the villians had a clear point of view concerning their actions and what they represented. Bane, the villian in this trailer, seems to represent anarchy, but it's hard to tell from this trailer. Doesn't help that he only has had one line of dialogue so far, and it's practically unintelligable (I know what he's saying, but it's a bit garbled).

Also, each film before this had had two main villians. Begins had Scarecrow and Ra's Al Goul. The Dark Knight had The Joker and Twoface. In Rises, we see Bane, but who's the second villian? Is it Catwoman, who's also in the trailer? Or is it somebody who we haven't heard of?

2 comments:

  1. Actually, it's been confirmed that Catwoman is going to be an ally of Batman, not a villain. I'm excited to see who the second villain is, if there is one. Maybe it'll be the first Batman film with one villain since the 1989 movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Carrot Junkie Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if they break tradition or not.

    ReplyDelete